Call for presentations
The 8th Annual Non-Volatile Memories Workshop (NVMW 2017) provides a unique showcase for outstanding research on solid state, non-volatile memories. It features a "vertically integrated" program that includes presentations on devices, data encoding, systems architecture, and applications related to these exciting new data storage technologies. Last year's workshop (NVMW 2016) included 40 speakers from top universities, industrial research labs, and device manufacturers and attracted nearly 230 attendees. (The website for NVMW 2016 can be found at http://nvmw.ucsd.edu/2016.) NVMW 2017 will build on this success.
The organizing committee is soliciting presentations on any topic related to non-volatile, solid state memories, including:
- Advances in memory devices or memory cell design.
- Characterization of commercial or experimental memory devices.
- Error correction and data encoding schemes for non-volatile memories.
- Advances in non-volatile memory-based storage systems.
- Operating system and file system designs for non-volatile memories.
- Security and reliability of solid-state storage systems.
- Applications of non-volatile memories to scientific, "big data", and high-performance workloads.
- Implications of non-volatile memories for applications such as databases and NoSQL systems.
The goal is to facilitate the exchange of the latest ideas, insights, and knowledge that can propel future progress. To that end, presentations may include new results or work that has already been published during the 18 months prior to the submission deadline. In lieu of printed proceedings, we will post the slides and extended abstracts of the presentations online. Presentation of new work at the workshop does not preclude future publication.
Workshop submissions should be in the form of a 2-page presentation abstract. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of impact, novelty, and general interest.
The submission deadline is December 9, 2016, with notification of acceptance by January 23, 2017.
Further details on abstract submission, technical program, tutorials, travel, social program, and travel grant will be provided on this website.
Download call for presentations flyer